August 21, 2009

Project Runway Comments

Last night's LONG LONG LONG-awaited Project Runway season premiere left me with several comments.

All-Star Challenge:

Santino is still a jackass. Korto is still a whiner. Uli got pwned.

Episode one:

If Arie (or whatever that lunatic's name was) had not been eliminated, I probably would have stopped watching the show because I would have been 100% certain that it was completely fixed. The second she said she likes to feel out the fabric and make it into whatever it wants to be, I knew she had to GO.

Model show:

Whose idea was it to show us how the models on PR are DUMB AS ROCKS? Those girls should be mortified.

General thoughts:

How many weeks are we going to have to see fake celebrities (aka actresses in Lifetime series shows) doing bad Tim Gunn impressions? I mean, I know PR is bigger than anything Lifetime has ever had, so they'd be dumb to NOT try to promote their other shows while it's on, but I wish they had chosen a less obnoxious way to do it.

2 Robot Reactions:

Just a little about The Miser said...

My mom used to watch Lifetime movies all the time. It was terrible, because the movies would literally put ideas in her head. Lifetime would make a movie about a woman who scores herself a stalker through an online dating site, and suddenly my mom would tweak if I mentioned I was speaking to a guy online (and I was 28 at the time!). Another movie would have an older actress pretending to play a much younger woman with a "terminal" disease (usually they would miraculously survive it somehow, and with makeup on), dating a much younger man, with a romance plot fit for a Harlequin novel. She would announce how brave the woman was and how fortunate she found love, which although makes a nice ending, would completely ignore any basis for reality. It was ridiculous, and happily she's stopped watching them, but I will still hear about an upcoming Lifetime movie and laugh at whatever silly plot they came up with.

Sparklebot said...

Shackles: In college, I was also addicted to Lifetime Original movies! They are SO BAD, they're good!