October 15, 2009

I'm Only Happy When It Rains

. . . but not because I like misery or complications like the '90s Garbage song would have you believe. I really don't know why I love the rain so much. Maybe it reminds me of cuddly family nights from my childhood. Maybe I subconsciously appreciate the added moisture in the air--I do tend to have very dry skin. Maybe it's because I have a vampire-like aversion to the sun and all the damage it does to my skin and eyes.

Honestly, I think it's because I like it when the weather reflects my feelings. And, the vampire thing a little bit too.

People mistake rain-lovers for miserable wrist-slitters, but I think that's too severe. Seriously, who feels sunny and happy everyday? Most days, I'm kind of a mixture of content with clouds of worry. Content with some worry is like a rainy day, to me. Misery--well, that's some sort of hurricane or tsunami or typhoon.

I'm way off topic.

Basically, I was going to say when I started this blog that everyone is complaining about this winter-feeling 40 degree (feels like 30 degree) rain storm we're experiencing, but it is soothing to me. It feels a lot like the end-of-summer closure we've all needed, but haven't had yet with highs in the low 70s last week.

Also, if I find out that I failed the Bar exam tomorrow, it will help sooth my horrible life failure. Though, it may need to amp up to hurricane level winds. I guess only time will tell.

4 Robot Reactions:

Side of Jeffrey said...

gooooooooooooooooooooooooodluckk!

Unknown said...

Tomorrows the big day? Well good luck, make sure to let us know how you do.

Miss Scarlet said...

I agree. I love the blast of cold we're getting. And CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

i love the rain. Its like a lullaby. I have taken a nap every day that its rained :)
Nothing is better than being an adult and taking a nap.