June 14, 2010

Troubletron LOVES to Remind Me of:

At some point, in the not too distant past, the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, aka "The Squeakquel," debuted in theaters and, of course, was showing at our local Regal.

Sidenote: we ALWAYS choose the Regal theater because their entertainment book price is only $7 per ticket, rather than the $7.50 per ticket that AMC theaters charge.  Did you think I wouldn't notice, AMC?

One day, we were heading to the movies with the kids, and Littletron was trying to get us to see The Squeakquel.  He tried to convince us by telling us they were introducing some "new" characters . . . girls!  I tried to tell Littletron that I already know EVERYTHING about the Chipettes because Alvin and the Chipmunks has been around since, well, BEFORE I was a kid, and that therefore the "girl" chipmunks aren't new, but are actually like 50 years old.  He wouldn't believe me.  But, I'm offtrack.

So, we were standing in front of the theater, looking at all the movies playing, and the Chipmunks movie was listed like this:

RWA: Alvin/Chipmunks 2

Troubletron asked, "what does 'RWA' stand for?"

Without even THINKING, and without a single doubt in my mind, I said, "Rodents With Attitude."  For a few weeks, that's what we REALLY thought the movie was called.

We both that that was a very clever name for a Chipmunks movie, playing of course, off the former rappers, NWA.  But, I won't tell you what that stands for because you should already know.  And, if you don't know, you're not down.  But, I'm offtrack again.
Anyway, that's not what RWA stands for.  And, really, I don't know exactly what it stands for.  But, it is always in front of one movie at our local Regal and it means that that movie has extra features for the hearing impaired.

2 Robot Reactions:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Check the website working advantage...I think you can get even cheaper tickets through that.

Shons said...

I thought RWA stood for Romance Writers of America. I like that Littletron was trying to introduce you to the Chipettes.Please. I had a series of books featuring them and their hijinks.