August 5, 2009

Build-a-Corn

Troubletron was recently talking to his (our) son, Littletron, who bragged incessantly about his new Build-a-Bear "Cuddles" (who, incidently, turns into "Ironcuddles" when he selects to wear his Ironman costume) when the always creeping feeling of jealousy began to overwelm.

He is only a man.

We talked about it for a while and decided that there was no reason that two perfectly grown adults couldn't go to the Build-a-Bear workshop and have a peek around.
You know . . . just to see what there was to see.

. . . take in the lay of the land . . .
. . . find out what this hype is all about.
Can you blame us for quickly falling in love with this little guy?
This is Magnus Hornsparkle. We made him ourselves (by selecting one of 100 identical deflated horse carcasses, kissing a fabric heart and making a wish, and pressing a pedal while an employee shoved the batting stuffer into his back). We made him with love.
Check out his majesty.

But, honestly, what pink unicorn is complete without furry pink wings?


I figured it out . . . eventually.
I washed him in this fake bath thing. I'm not sure what this was for.
And then he was ours to keep.
I think Troubletron likes him more than I do.

So, let me tell you a few things, in case you haven't been to a Build-a-Bear workshop:
1) If you go without a kid, the employees ARE going to judge you.
2) They don't tone down the kid stuff just because you're a grown up.
3) It's very magical.
4) If you have kids, but don't take them, and then show them your new Build-a-Bear, they get REALLY jealous.

Overall: awesome.

5 Robot Reactions:

JakieWakie said...

Does he have a superhero costume?

Sparklebot said...

He can't wear an outfit with the wings.

Unknown said...

When we went with the kids, they make Mike kiss the heart that went into Davis' bear. He was less than thrilled.

Sparklebot said...

Beth: ha ha. I'm sure. I was a bit embarrassed myself. But, the story is better if I loved it!

snowbird said...

Looks a bit like a "my little pony" from your childhoods.......