December 16, 2009

Days of Christmas: Day 16: COOKIES

If you've known me for very long, you've seen cookie posts before. But, that does not mean you should skip this one. This one has some amazing stuff in it.

When I was younger, my family had an "annual" (annual meaning "every year that people are around") Christmas cookie decorating CONTEST. For reasons largely law-school related for me (I can't speak for others), this tradition has been shelved for several years.

This year, Troubletron and I took the kids over to my uncle's house to revive this dying tradition. And, we came to win.
To intimidate our enemies (frenemies?), we made Team Bot/Tron Tees for the whole family. Each shirt has our team name on front, with some kind of Christmas design. On back, the shirts have nicknames and trash talk! Boom!



We even sewed on some jingle bells to increase the Christmas Fear!

I think it's working.
Lanabot worked extra hard to make 4 million cookies for us to decorate this year (we had to make up for lost years).
Mimibot helped color the frostings. She was unhappy with the shade of this purple.
Lanabot even prepared piping bags this year, to up the stakes.
Meanwhile, we were showing off our shirts.



And, preparing for the pre-contest meal.
Aidantron can make a clementine peel look exactly like an elephant head . . . by mistake.
But Mimibot can peel it faster.
Let the contest begin!

I obviously can't caption all these photos. Would you even want me to?
















Troubletron and Stevetron were the last decorators sitting.
Aidantron, the self-proclaimed judge, prepared a rigorous rubric, designed to amuse himself and rig the contest for his own family members.
We waited for the results, united as a team.
Things got silly.

But, there were lots of cookies to be judged. Lots of AMAZING looking cookies.

Those were just the official entries. There were soooo many more.

The results were in: we won nothing (except Littletron who won "Boldest cookie" for his extensive work with sprinkles).

We retired to the living room because all our stomachs hurt from eating too much sugar. And, then, something crazy happened.
All of the children WENT NUTS.






There were Urkle pants (done by kids who don't know who Urkle is), canes, and shouts. There was dancing, fighting, and teasing. There was chasing. There was crying. And, at one point, a child pointed at Troubletron and demanded, "Why are you so merry?!"

Sugar. Don't underestimate it. It will $#@! you up. For real.

6 Robot Reactions:

JakieWakie said...

Was this on the weekend? Because I would have liked to have been invited if it was.

Who made Aidantron the judge? That just seems like poor planning in your part to allow that to happen.

Jillian said...

I love that there is a hint of worry in TroubleTron's eyes in the first pic....looks like he is not quite sold on all of these Christmas festivities....but kudos to him for giving it an honest effort!

Sparklebot said...

Jakie: I guess we thought 5-6 hours was a long drive for a cookie contest.

Jillian: Yeah, he's being a good sport. Let's hope he continues!

Just a little about The Miser said...

I think this was adorable! I've been slowly collecting baking goods to start a major baking spree over the next few days. I love Troubletron's face too, in the first pic. It reminds me of whenever I take a picture of Josh. He always grimaces a little, like it's physically painful.

I loved the pics of the kids going crazy too!

snowbird said...

Troubletron's cookie looks like a volcano! This post makes us all jealous and want to be there.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I can't wait to make my cookies tomorrow! It might be hard not to get all crazy though...I eat a lot of dough while I make them.