December 2, 2009

Days of Christmas: Day 2

Today's Christmas blog is a craft fail.

You see, sometimes when I go to Michaels, I get sucked in by all the crafting possibilities, particularly if the packaging on a particular craft kit or supply is especially shiny or colorful . . . or inexpensive.

When I saw a two-pack of tiny Christmas figurines, complete with paints and a tiny brush for only $2, I thought myself stupid NOT to buy it.
I guess next time I'll check to make sure the basic Christmas colors are provided (yeah, I had to mix my own green). And, I'll remember that painting tiny detailed crevices isn't really my strong point.

5 Robot Reactions:

Anonymous said...

Weeellllll. At least you recognize your weaknesses and move on. Want to go to Michael's this weekend?

Sparklebot said...

Well, unfortunately for me, all holiday fun must come to a complete halt for me since I have been called back to the lawyer sweatshop for a few weeks. I couldn't sleep last night, I was so filled with dread.

Leonard Hanks said...

Hey PLCOTR, Sparklebot will be at the lawyer sweatshop, HOWEVER Troubleton is always up for some Micheal's fun!!

Joy said...

I get suckered into Michael's cheap crafts too.

R. Siren said...

This is exactly why I don't do crafts at all. I'm always amazed my all-around lack of skill.

But, congrats on the job! I know document review is not fun and exciting, but paychecks are.