January 7, 2010

Will Someone Please Tell Troubletron . . .

1)  . . . that there is a RIGHT way and a WRONG way to do the dishes.

And, that my way is the right way.

2) . . . that marriage is a COMPROMISE.

And that buying me a Tim Gunn-covered comic book isn't a "compromise" that makes it alright to have comics displayed in our living room.



And that everyone knows that "compromise" means giving up things that your wife tells you you have to give up--ESPECIALLY if the reason she asks you to give it up is "because we aren't 12 year old boys."

3) . . . that it ISN'T unreasonable for me to be afraid of the dark as a grown woman.

And that doing things to try to scare me in a dark room means that he doesn't love me.  And that that kind of "joking" isn't funny.

12 Robot Reactions:

Leonard Hanks said...

I disagree.

Just a little about The Miser said...

Unfortunately, I would have to side with Troubletron on this one.

Anonymous said...

sounds like he hasn't changed a bit!

Sparklebot said...

Troubletron: shocking.

Shackles: how can you disagree? You don't even know HOW he does the dishes! Or, HOW MANY comic books he has! Or, HOW HE TORTURES ME!

Anon: In fairness, he's actually changed quite a bit since I first met him. He's growing!

Troubletron: love you!

JakieWakie said...

Comic book Tim Gunn? You DON'T appreciate that? I applaud your husband for his taste.

Unknown said...

Seriously! How hard is it to do the dishes the right way? And fold towels for that matter! Sheeesh!

But I have to say, I do like that comic book cover. It makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Sparklebot: Really. Really? Don't you remember what Pat Benatar said? I'll refresh: "Love is a battlefield." That goes for marriage too. Welcome to the war.

Sparklebot said...

Jakie and Beth: I love the Tim Gunn comic book. That doesn't mean I want to display it in my most formal room.

PLCOTR: I am no lover of Ms. Benatar.

Jillian said...

My brother in law tried to get out of doing the dishes by putting them in all the wrong places and playing dumb.

She got everything organized- took a picture of it- and then posted the pics inside the cupboard.

Now he is just more creative with his excuses.

Cathy said...

you are absolutely right and always will be, because you are in charge.

snowbird said...

Troubletron: it is futile to disagree.

Side of Jeffrey said...

It is unreasonable for you to be scared of the dark. There is, however, a right way to do dishes. The question Sparklebot needs to ask herself is: would I rather do the dishes for the rest of my life or should I accept moderately flawed dish doing from my husband?