January 4, 2010

WWAGRD? (what would ANY GIVEN republican do)?

This is why I LOVE our President!!


Amanda Simpson, Transgender Candidate, Appointed To Commerce Post

The Huffington Post | Nick Wing
President Obama has appointed Amanda Simpson, a transgender woman, to be the Senior Technical Adviser to the Commerce Department.

"I'm truly honored to have received this appointment and am eager and excited about this opportunity that is before me," Simpson said in a statement. "As one of the first transgender presidential appointees to the federal government, I hope that I will soon be one of hundreds, and that this appointment opens future opportunities for many others."

Simpson -- a former test pilot and 2004 YWCA "Woman On The Move" -- has been active in the aerospace and defense industry for the past 30 years. She most recently served as Deputy Director in Advanced Technology Development for Raytheon, where she transitioned from male to female.

In the past decade, Simpson has been highly active in GLBT issues. In 2005, she successfully worked to have Raytheon adopt gender identity into its Equal Employment Opportunity Policy. That same year, she ran unsuccessfully for the Arizona House of Representatives.

3 Robot Reactions:

Just a little about The Miser said...

YAY! I even found an article from the Huffington Post and posted on my Facebook page. I said I'm sure the religious right is positive the Apocalypse is now upon us and truly regards our president as a hedonist and harbinger of the downfall of the U.S., but that's just too bad isn't it. I feel so terrible for Obama. I get so angry whenever someone starts to badmouth him. It's just good thing I don't have the power to snap my fingers and send people to whatever governmental paradise they feel is best. I guarantee they would quickly regret it, although they would blame someone else for the problem

Jillian said...

If we're clicking fingers and sending people places, I'd like to get in on that action. I choose Fiji.

Get those snaps going.....I'm waiting:)

Just a little about The Miser said...

I dunno if you really want to live on Fiji. A history of warring tribes, foreign government occupation, a couple of military coups, a new Constitution, which was was kind of shot down by yet another coup, and I think now is basically under military control coupled with an extremely corrupted government. I think it would just be better if Sparklebot made these http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY_Squid_Hat/ for everyone. I know I would like one!