April 26, 2010

Lurking

This weekend, without having the kids as motivation, Troubletron and I left the house.

This may not sound like the biggest deal, and may certainly not seem blog-worthy to you, but for us, it was pretty unusual.  We really don't get out much.  Our tight money situation is partially to blame, as you could have guessed from my nearly constant blog-whining.  You probably don't know, however, that Troubletron is the sort of person that would rather stay at home than . . . well . . . anything.  If his choices are: 1) go eat for free at his favorite restaurant, or 2) stay home and pay to have crappy Chinese food delivered, he picks choice #2.  He picks anything with the words "stay home" included.

He's weird, and we're working on it.

But, what I was saying was that this past weekend, we left the house.  We enjoyed a delicious wedding dinner for a former roommate of mine here in DC at Brasserie Beck (thanks, Deb, we couldn't have afforded a dinner there on our own!), and then joined some friends at the Cleveland Park Bar and Grill to celebrate Rohantron's birthday.  At both events, we got to catch up with friends we haven't seen much in recent times, and to talk with acquaintances we hadn't even thought about in ages.

And, at both events, people told me that they read my blog occasionally (or frequently, or sometimes), but that they never comment (because they don't want "to be weird" or they didn't want "to freak me out" or some other reason that makes no sense).

I determined, after the third person of the evening confessed this to me, that I better make a statement that I would LOVE to hear from lurkers, whether I know you or not.  I will NOT think it is weird for you to read/follow/leave comments if we are strangers, mere acquaintances, old friends, or current BFFs.

The only people that I think it's weird to hear from are crazy stalkers who want to kill me.  So, right now (I think) that only applies to 1-2 of you.

So, now, you're wondering what you should do.  Here are some ideas:

1) Become a "Follower."  The app for that is right there on the right of your screen.  It's a simple click.  You can do it.  And, it will make me feel like someone cares.

2)  Leave comments.  The reason anyone writes a blog is because they want attention.  So, if you want me to keep blogging, then keep giving me the attention I crave.

3) Visit often.  I monitor my site meter very closely.  My self esteem is closely tied to the weekly average.

12 Robot Reactions:

Side of Jeffrey said...

While I agree that one of the major purposes of a blog is to get attention - the second, and one of my driving reasons, is that it makes it so I don't have to "catch up" with people on the phone. I hate catching up...relating experiences over and over to people. I prefer those people just follow my life and then when we talk we can have meaningful conversation and cut the crap.

sooz said...

Lurker at large!
No bad intentions, just another local who is nosy. And loves the sliders and CPBG.
;)

Unknown said...

Someday I hope to become one of your crazy stalkers, but right now I just don't have that kind of time.

Side of Caitlin said...

Glad you guys got out of the house and had a fun time.

Rohan said...

It was cool to see you and Troubletron out Saturday night. Hopefully, it will become a more regular thing.

Sparklebot said...

Thanks to you all. But, why aren't you followers? WHY?

Jodie said...

I love to lurk...

Miss Scarlet said...

I love to comment! No lurking for me.

NG said...

For some reason, I have the desire to comment on this post even though I have little of relevance to add and nothing funny to say. You've brainwashed me.

Nirali said...

:)

love reading the random things u hv to say...

jess said...

keep it up... blogging. deal-yo?

Kelly O. said...

I'm a wannabetron.