November 15, 2010

Peppermint

Since it's the Christmas season (don't argue with me about this--just accept it), I have, of course, switched from my usual lotion scent to a more festive peppermint body lotion.  This morning, as I rubbed the striking holiday scent into my dry elbows and cracked heels, I said to Troubletron, "mmm!  Don't you just love the smell of peppermint!"

And, then, simultaneously, we said:

"Yes, it's such a ________ smell!"

One of us said "warm."  One of us said "cool."

Putting aside that it's kind of impossible for a smell to have an inherent temperature, is Peppermint warm or cool?  We need you to resolve this.

11 Robot Reactions:

Jillian said...

Maybe this is stupid, but I think that you both are right. In a lotion, I would describe it as cool. (Because it makes you feel all cool and tingly).

But if you are using it in baking, hot coco or a candle...I would describe it as a warm smell.

I have no science to back me on this one....just my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Cool!

mexicarol said...

Totally cool--it's not even close to being warm--but on another note--I once bought peppermint scented lotion from bath and bodyworkds and was so excited to wear it...until Curran asked me if I had put on sports cream and then told me I smelled like a convalescent home...I threw the bottle out after that.

Sparklebot said...

Jillian: cop out answer.

Mexicarol: That is the exact lotion that I'm using...and I think it smells delicious.

lacochran's evil twin said...

I've heard that peppermint can curb your appetite.

What do you mean I didn't answer the question?

Unknown said...

cool. Definitely cool.

jess said...

cool

PKYoung said...

I'm going with cool.

Nirali said...

Cool! Definitely...

JakieWakie said...

There is nothing warm about that flavor.

smith fam said...

I have the b & bworks lotion too and had the same experience as mexicarol. Mikey said I smelled like old people. She was nice and threw out the bottle. I still use it daily once November hits.