January 26, 2011

Papatron's 90th Birthday

January 1, 2011 was my Papatron's 90th birthday.  He doesn't look a day older than 80, if you ask me.

(Papatron with all his Bot/Tron grandchildren and great-grandchildren, minus 2)

When I think that this man has been around for a decade shy of a century, it amazes me in a way I can't explain.  Ninety years is FOREVER.  1921.  That was so long ago.  Yet, the man uses email and reads blogs.  He is amazing.
 
It causes me to wonder if I can make it another 59 years.  But, only for a second until I realize that I definitely CAN NOT make it another 59 years.  That's ridiculous.

He's been there for me since the beginning.
(Papatron holding Baby Sparklebot, and Grandmabot, 1980) 
(Unknown kid beside Grandmabot needs to pee)

He still loved me even when my mom made me have boy hair.
(Papatron and Sparklebot, Christmas 1988, maybe?)

He's always been there for my important events.
 (High school graduation, 1997)

(Law School graduation, 2009)
 
Thanks for everything, Papatron.  And, I can't wait to celebrate your 100th birthday.




3 Robot Reactions:

Side of Jeffrey said...

There is no way that man is 90. Related, I just reconnected with a woman in Jacksonville that turned 90 and she also looks like there is no way she is 90. How do they do it?

Just a little about The Miser said...

I'm so glad it looks like your life is busy with happier events (or at least, a few more happier events) than it has been in the past. Happy Birhtday to your grandpa :- )

Just a little about The Miser said...

Congrats on your etsy store too!