October 27, 2009

Halloween Sewing 2

As I said yesterday, I've did lots of sewing last week!

I even pulled out the machine to whip up a very folky lady viking dress and Nordic-ribbon apron for my cousin Mimibot.
It has been FOREVER since I have sewn clothing, so there was some remembering that took place. And, some mis-remembering. But, I figured it out. Don't look too closely.

Mimibot was good enough to model it for me, as long as she could leave her jammies on.
Subtract the pj pants and add some fierce, animal-skin boots and you've got a viking warrior princess!

Did you know that Thursday is named for the Viking God Thor? It's Thors' day. The History Channel told me that.

Check back tomorrow for a re-cap of our Halloween Bash!

5 Robot Reactions:

JakieWakie said...

And Wednesday is Odin's Day, or as they said it, Woden's Day. But you probably already knew that.

Sparklebot said...

I don't know much about the origins of the names of the days of the week (that was a lot of prepositional phrases in a row).

Shons said...

Great job on the costume. She looks so fierce. Ro-tron is impressed

Just a little about The Miser said...

That's what I'm talking about! Make a few Viking and Renaissance pieces. Maybe some fun pieces, like royalty. If you really want to take on a challenge, learn to make a corset. There are guides and even a DVD that shows you how, but it is an undertaking! Great job on the Viking garb!

Just a little about The Miser said...

btw, if you get a chance, see if you can get a picture of her in her complete outfit. I love all sorts of garb and get even more excited when I see how people pull outfits together :- D