October 26, 2009

Halloween Sewing

It only took me a month after K a t y's September sewing challenge to get out my tools and get down to business. But, in the last week, I think I've accomplished enough sewing handiwork to make things right.

Since 'tis the season for all things scary, I made some all hand-stitched scary faces for a Halloween monster banner. I made two versions of a Frankenstein monster.
Two shiny-eyed Jack-o-lanterns:
Two witches (who apparently have bananas for mouths):
(note to self: no more Lisa-Simpson style hair on these. It takes AGES to stitch)

Two howling ghostie ghouls:
And two spooky tombstones:
I pinned them all to a long, braided yarn rope, and hung them under the spiderwebs:
Troubletron says the pictures of these don't do them justice, but they are really very cute in person. I'm thinking of making kids' sweatshirts/hoodies with these on the back for next Halloween. Is that something folks would buy?

Speaking of Halloween . . . be sure to check back everyday for more Halloween-inspired blogs! We'll have something Halloweenie everyday this week!

4 Robot Reactions:

JakieWakie said...

Troubletron hasn't posted for a while. I want to hear more from him.

I guess your posts are okay, too, Sparkle.

Ginna said...

I love the banner! I have yet to meet Katy's sewing challenge. I'll do it though. Maybe before the end of the year?

Jana said...

How cute! You're so crafty! I need to get my Halloween craft on.

Sparklebot said...

Jakie: Troubletron is now working about 70 hours a week. So, him blogging is nearly impossible. Unfortunately.

Ginna: Yeah. I took the "September" part of the challenge lightly. You can too :)

Jana: Definitely. It's fun to make monsters. Christmas crafts are right around the corner, though!