January 19, 2010

Deja Vu. You Too?

Yesterday marked the second Monday in a row when Troubletron and I were lucky enough to have a couple of wonderful friends willing to come over to our home to enjoy a delightful dinner followed by healthy competition.

I slaved over a pot of homemade tomato sauce to make an extra special bowl of pasta for our friends.


Troubletron eagerly waited to help stir it into the noodles.


I never get a picture of the finished dinner because I'm too focused on eating it.  But, it turned out quite well.

We then moved onto the gaming portion of the evening.  Being very gracious hosts, we always let our guests decide on the game at which they would like to lose.

Shonsbot and Rohantron chose Cranium (yes, this is where your Deja Vu may be setting in).


Rohantron had never played Cranium before.  I suppose he was curious.


They made a good effort.

I made a good effort to eat all the fruit dip while no one was looking.


People always think the sculpting-out-of-clay part of the game will be easy.  And, they are always wrong.  Can you guess what she was sculpting?


Sleeping Bag.

She was sculpting a sleeping bag.

Rohantron didn't get it either, so don't beat yourself up about it.

Troubletron gloated.


In the end, Troubletron and I gathered all our final-brain Cranium cards first.


And we shamed the losers.

Rohantron took it out on the clay.

They may choose to never play with us again.  But, we hope not.

How did you spend your holiday?






7 Robot Reactions:

JakieWakie said...

You're just jealous because I was chatting online with babes on World of Warcraft ALL DAY.

(it wasn't all day)

Jillian said...

I love the dudes face as his partner was sculpting the sleeping bag. In my head as I anticipated what you would write next I went with,

"Can you guess what she was sculpting?"

"Neither could Rohan."

Side of Jeffrey said...

You can take the girl out of FHE, but you can't take the FHE out of the girl.

Shons said...

My sleeping bag looked exactly like his television set.

Unknown said...

It was a remote control! But yes, it did look a lot like your sleeping bag. I blame Cranium for giving us items that Michelangelo couldn't realistically sculpt in a minutes time.

NG said...

You two seem to be becoming the Will and Grace of the game world. We may have to challenge you soon.

core said...

Don't blow your own horn too loud. You still are second best :)