April 19, 2010

Disney is Awesome: Part Two

Our third day in Orlando, at the Disney Parks, was spent at Disney's Hollywood Studios--a park dedicated to the joy of movie-making.

We found ourselves on the streets of New York
And Troubletron made a quick visit to San Francisco.
I don't know what that pose is all about.

We spent some time with our favorite Jim Henson characters:
(Did you know Troubletron and I both love Muppets?  It's true)

We enjoyed an action-packed Indiana Jones stunt show, a very fascinating Walt Disney museum and film (maybe my favorite part of the day), and a Movies-through-time ride.  All of the rides and shows were designed for movie lovers--sounds great, right?  But, what you don't know is that I didn't bring Troubletron to this park for any of these rides or shows.

As you may know, Troubletron was married before.  On his first honeymoon, Star Wars Episode One was released in theaters.  So, I've been contemplating how I was ever going to find an event or activity to outshine that event.

And, THAT is why I brought Troubletron to Disney's Hollywood Studios.
So he could stand at the footsteps of an Imperial Walker.  So he could watch the "Jedi Academy" defeat Darth Vader in real life.  So we could ride the Star Wars Flight Simulator.  And, so he could put himself into the films:
Do you see the sheer joy on his face?

Mission accomplished.

After half a day at Hollywood Studios (more than enough time to see what they have to see), we went back to downtown disney to do a little souvenir shopping.
We finished the night with quite the haul.
On our fourth and final day, we intended to go to Epcot.  We got dressed, went down to the shuttle stop, and began looking over the Epcot map.  As we waited, talking about how everything at Epcot sucks, we realized that we didn't HAVE to go there, just because it was the fourth Disney park and it was our fourth day.  So, we went back to the Magic Kingdom instead.
Only, this time, we were wearing some sweet souvenir shirts.  We got Troubletron's on clearance for only $7!
And, it got SO much attention.  People love Star Wars.  It never ceases to amaze me.

I was sporting DJ Mickey.
Having just been at the Magic Kingdom two days earlier, we knew where we wanted to go, what we wanted to eat, and how we wanted to attack the park.

We rode our favorite rides all over again (4th time on the Haunted Mansion).
I think we did Pirates of the Caribbean four times as well.

And, we ran into some characters that had A LOT of stepmothering advice for me.
Seriously, I just wanted to get my picture taken with the evil stepmother and stepsisters from Cinderella when we happened to walk by them . . . as a hilarious joke.  But, they REALLY had advice for me.
Like to "become highly revered in my community."   And, that I'd look more menacing if I didn't wear leggings.

Good advice.

I promised you, last Friday, some information on how Disney has "upped its game."  That comment was in reference to gift shopping.

You know how most of the time, when you go to gift shops at Disney parks, you see walls of stuffed animals, rows of princess dresses, some figurines, a rack of keychains, and some Mickey ears?  And, you feel like you're in a kid's store?

Well, somebody hipped them to the fact that they'd make more sales if they trendied it up a little.
I feel less silly shopping in stores for Mickey Stuff when I feel cool.

Also, I want this suitcase.
I was so impressed with the decor!
I loved this line of red-suited women wearing Mickey Ears.  LOVED.

And, I loved this cascade of multi-colored chandeliers.
It was an all-new, exciting Disney shopping experience.

This was just decor, but I'd like to own this:
You see what I mean?
We had a great time shopping, riding, showing, swimming, walking, eating, and loving.

Thanks again, Snowbird!

7 Robot Reactions:

Leonard Hanks said...

I have set the picture of me on the speeder bike as my work pc desktop background....I am so cool! Right??

Sparklebot said...

You are so cool. I love that picture.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Haunted Mansion rules. RULES! I almost puked on it once though. Also, Disney is hardcore trendy now. Did you forget they have a store on 5th avenue???

Rohan said...

I believe this should have easily trumped Troubletron's last honeymoon because a) this trip looks incredibly awesome, and b) Phantom Menace terribly sucks.

Jennbot said...

Oh man! You missed EPCOT? That was always my favorite park. Then again, I'm a major dork. I used to be able to list off the corporate sponsors of each EPCOT ride, and I was heartbroken when Jeremy Irons took over the voice from Walter Cronkite on Spaceship Earth.

Just a little about The Miser said...

Yes, yes Rohan is right. I am love Star Wars, and buy art books and the Star Wars cook books, but Phantom Menace was nothing to get excited about (except the pod racing. I did like that).

So glad you guys had a great time! Yes, Disney is very expensive ($8 for a bottled water), so I see you guys really had it made! Again, so happy you guys had a good time :- )

Shons said...

I'm glad you guys had a great trip! I love the pic with the stepmother. She looks like she could teach a thing or two about being menacing. I've only been to Disneyland but from what I hear you did the right thing by skipping Epcot.