April 21, 2010

Things I'm Tired Of

1) People telling me "things will get better" or "this economy will turn around."

After nearly a year of this unemployment nonsense, that sentiment sounds more and more hollow.  Yes, things HAVE TO, eventually, get better with the economy.  I know that.  Stating the obvious is not helpful.  It's not encouraging.  It doesn't warm my heart, causing it to burn with yearning for the future.

Things are bad now.  It doesn't matter how awesome things become in the future if credit is ruined or if even more crippling debt is incurred NOW.  And, I know there are people who are WAY worse off than I am in this economic nightmare.

So, STOP saying that things will get better.  I would prefer you just not speak.

2) Grocery stores trying to charge me $4.99 for a 12-pack of Diet Coke.

What is this?  Russia?

I'm not going to play your little game.

3) Potholes.

I know they are all a result of our record-breaking snowfall, and the massive efforts to move those 4 feet of snow off the roads in a timely fashion.  But, that was 3 months ago.  Seriously, let's get on this.  I drive a tiny car.  It has no chance.

4)  Glenn Beck.

'nuf said.

5)  Texas
We don't need it.  It just drags us down and makes our whole country look bad.  Let's just cut it loose.

6) Oversharing on Facebook.

I don't want to know about your mucus plug passing or about the details of your messy divorce.  If I did want to know that, we'd be real friends.

7)  People saying "it's in the Constitution" as if that means "it was handed down by God."

The Constitution is a fluid document.  We've amended it like 30 times.

And, I think we've established that those founding fathers, as good as their intentions might have been, didn't quite have ALL the best ideas about how to run this country (ahem, slavery).  So, if our modern society decides it's NOT ok for you to carry a gun in a school zone, I don't want to hear that Thomas Jefferson thought you should be able to.

8) Your mom.

11 Robot Reactions:

Victoria said...

I vote for Austin being able to stay in the US. The rest of Texas can go though.

NG said...

Yes, oh my gosh, yes. To everything.

Miss Scarlet said...

Amen to expensive soda! What the heck is up with that??? It's more than beer!

Hannah said...

Yes, yes, and more yes. Diet Coke is $6.99 here and it drives me insane. It costs them how much to make it? I need to invent a product that people are addicted to that I can mark up 1000% percent.

One of my blogs just had a baby (the woman did,) and also blogged about her mucus plug. Today it was wet shoes. I didn't need to know any of this.

And number 8 is just the usual.

Just a little about The Miser said...

I'm tired of jerks playing their car stereos so loud down my ghettolicious street that the windows shake in our apartment. I'm tired of dealing with pretentious acquaintances that at this point I would love nothing more than to cut ties with, but my social network prohibits this. There is more I am tired of, of course, and I am in agreement with Texas. With FB, I am tired of the whining. I am discovering I am "friends" with many whiners.

Unknown said...

Exactly!!

What happened to the days when you could get a 12 pack for 2.50! It must be Glenn Beck's fault. He's the root of all evil.

Liz said...

As a lover of lists ... touche. Especially #6 ... no one cares about your life that much

core said...

I just want to point out that John and Abigail Adams were both always opposed to slavery.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Why in the world would you EVER pay that much for soda/pop/coke? Did you know morphine sells for only like $0.80 a bottle? How can it cost more for diet coke?

(suggestion: by a 12-pack of morphine instead. Maybe Dev-bodge can hook you up).

Carly said...

I couldn't agree more. I HATE the high price of a 12 pack, yet I can't stop buying it, darn it. Glen Beck and mucus plugs are both sick. Couldn't agree more about the constitution.

aisy said...

Amen to 1, 6, & 7. But my 1 is kind of like the "oh, I don't know why you're still single. You're so great." Not the same as work, but the same sentiment of "I don't need your comment."