November 3, 2010

Two Days in a Row

I can feel the love.

I'm not really what you might call (or, more accurately, what I might call) a "tender" person.  But, I must say that knowing that total strangers cared that I was gone . . . well . . . it begins to melt the outer layer of my ice queen heart.  I won't mention that no one who actually knows me in person cares about my blog (except Troubletron . . . he cares because he made certain promises to me in front of a lady-priest in a cheesy neon chapel with a Celine Dion musical backdrop). Or, I guess I just did mention it.  But, I won't let it get me down.

It's been about four months since I last consistently blogged.  A lot has happened in that time.  Such as:

We moved in with a crazy person.  We call this our "homeless" period.  We were nearing the end of our last lease, and I didn't have a job, so we didn't feel like we could commit to a new lease.  We turned to Craigslist and to our friends.  One thing led to another.  We found ourselves occupying one bedroom in a giant house owned by a CRAZY person who was always sweating, had grunting sounds coming from his room at all hours (though was ALWAYS alone), always wore the same clothes, had rooms speckled with baby stuff (including a stroller, crib, high chair, etc) but no children around, and a bowl of Christmas ornaments in his 80's themed dining room.

I got a temporary job with some promise.  The temporary gig was only supposed to last three months, but I just finished my fourth month, and there is no definite end in sight.  I don't want to jinx it.  But, it's been a steady paycheck and some good experience for the last few months.

We moved into another apartment.  We couldn't stand homelessness/crazy town.  And, since I had a temporary job with promise, we decided to take our chances on another lease.  Unfortunately, two moves in the course of a month may have alienated all our friends.

Troubletron got a promotion.  He's so awesome.

Teenbot became a cheerleader.  Which, let's be honest, is PURE trouble.  No good can come from a fourteen year old with a family history of teen pregnancy walking around school in a cheer uniform with a bunch of eighteen year old boys.  Sigh.

My student loans went into repayment.  Since I got a "job," I guess my loan lenders think I should have to pay them a portion of my wages.  So . . . I might have been better off unemployed.  Hence . . .

Troubletron and I got second, night-time/weekend jobs at a local retail establishment.  The manager thinks it's awesome that he gets to "manage" a lawyer.  So, that's awesome.

Littletron picked up a nasty habit.

(Calm down.  It's a falsie)

Do you feel updated?

9 Robot Reactions:

Unknown said...

super awesome on the job. And you know you're always welcome with us though the commutes a bitch.

Claire said...

Yes, thank you! Glad to hear you are alive and with a job.

Shons said...

Thanks for updating! Let me know if you need my dad to have a talk with Littletron about the perils of smoking.

NG said...

Well, at least your adventures the past four months make for good stories. (and at least you can escape crazytown, it seems to follow me around)

Carly said...

Thanks for the update. I have checked almost daily all this time. I'm gad things are going better now!

Side of Jeffrey said...

I can't believe you expect me to come crawling back to your blog like a dog to its vomit after abandoning for so long.

Okay, I'm over it. Please continue.

JakieWakie said...

Nice play for attention from your friends and family. Welcome back.

Jodie said...

You're back!!!!

snowbird said...

I don't like the falsie for Littletron........I'm just saying.